Why Brush Door Seals
Memtech brush seals, weather stripping and weather seals:
Type 6 nylon brush seal is known for its extremely long life, toughness and ability to regain its shape (memory) when pressure is removed as a door brush seal. This material will not wear out. Thousands of nylon filaments per foot are locked into a steel channel which is in turn held in an aluminum extrusion designed to fit specific size brushes and applications.
Our clients have found our brush door seals and weatherseals made from this material to be an excellent means of sealing freezers, meat lockers and other temperature-sensitive areas as well as clean-room, offices and dust-free locations from harmful infiltration.
- Protect buildings, clean rooms, computer rooms, machinery, and filtration systems from the ravages of dirt and dust particles.
- Highly effective temperature control for both heating and cooling on all types of gaps in windows and doors of every style and size.
- In high temperature applications, reduce heat loss and improve working environment around industrial ovens.
- Effectively reduce or eliminate light transfer in sensitive areas such as dark rooms.
- Reduce sound transfer when the individual bristles follow contours to seal the gaps.
- Dampen Vibrations with the flexible bristle that adjusts to the adjacent surface.
- Memtech brush seals and weather seals are made in many sizes and shapes to secure nearly any building entry-point and your energy savings alone will likely repay your investment in one season!
- Our type 6 nylon brush seals are recommended for food processing and handling facilities. They are U.L. Rated as “Gasketing Material for Fire Doors” (viable from -100ºF to +200ºF).